the world wide web of DAVID BRIN
Who could've predicted that social media would play such an important role in the 21st Century! (Well, I did, but that's another story. And another. And still another!)
- GoodReads author profile
- Amazon author profile
- LibraryThing author profile
- Internet Book List author page
- Worlds Without End author profile
- ToGather author profile
They seem to be familiar with my novel "The Practice Effect" at Facebook because this social media site works better with practice. I engage in lively conversations on these fan pages.
Subscribe to videos by and about David Brin.
CONTRARY BRIN (WordPress)
While BlogSpot has the larger "science" blogging community, WordPress has the larger number of "writer" bloggers, so the Contrary Brin blog -- which discusses science and science fiction/writing -- is also posted here. If you blog on WordPress, Contrary Brin welcomes your feedback.
- Why Obstinate Humans Find it Hard to Believe Science
- Human Evolution: Speeding? Splitting? Borging?... and a dozen Olympics?
- The First Synthetic Organism: Our Victor Frankenstein moment?
TOMORROW HAPPENS (Open Salon)
Open Salon is a blog for writers, artists, and photographers in need of a virtual home for their work.
Slideshows for the occasional speech.
CONTRARY BRIN (Blogger)
- Censorship, indignation, and our hopes for freedom
- Will the world's middle classes rise up in a "Helvetian War"?
- Move over, Frank Miller: or why the Occupy Wall Street kids are better than the #$%! Spartans
- Are we evolving toward becoming "marching morons"?
- Tis the season...
With Scoop.it, anyone can create an online magazine. Why not create a few on science, technology, science fiction, and ...?
- speculations About Science Fiction
- interviews with David Brin
- advice for writers
- creating the future
- Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- transparency, freedom and technology
- taxes, the economy and markets
- Author Wikipedia page (English)
- Author Wikipédia page (French)
- Author Wikipedia page (Spanish)
- Uplift Universe Wikipedia page
- Sundiver Wikipedia page
- Startide Rising Wikipedia page
- The Uplift War Wikipedia page
- Brightness Reef Wikipedia page
- Infinity's Shore Wikipedia page
- Heaven's Reach Wikipedia page
- The Practice Effect Wikipedia page
- The Postman Wikipedia page
- Heart of the Comet Wikipedia page
- Earth Wikipedia page
- Glory Season Wikipedia page
- Kiln People Wikipedia page
- The Life Eaters Wikipedia page
- Foundation's Triumph Wikipedia page
- The Transparent Society Wikipedia page
There's a David Brin Pinterest page with a compilation of ideas on science, technology, radical transparency, American politics -- and what kind of future awaits us and our children. Join, browse, and re-pin David's articles, books, and more.
- Articles & essays board
- Novels board
- Sci-fi for young adults
- Our future in space board
- Futuristic architecture
I am a Fellow and occasional columnist at the Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies (IEET), "a center for voices arguing for a responsible, constructive, ethical approach to the most powerful emerging technologies."
- Crowd-Sourcing 'Citizen Science'
- A Primer on Supply-Side vs Demand-Side Economics
- Our Reborn Future in Space
- Will the World's Middle Class Rise Up to Reclaim $21 Trillion Hoard Hidden Offshore by Global Elite?
- So You Want to Make Gods
- Our Worst Frailty: An Electro Magnetic "Hit"
- IMDb (International Movie Database)
- Headline Grabber
- isfdb (Internet Speculative Fiction Database)
- Science Fiction Encyclopedia
Follow David Brin on Twitter, where he tweets about blog posts, book signings, readings and other activities, and science and technology trends he finds enlightening.
Want a more "organized" Twitter feed? Take a look at David's Twylah page, which organizes his tweets around trending topics -- space, transparency, science fiction, surveillance, the future.
Lively discussions emerge from David's reddits.
David Brin answers questions about... David Brin!
Science 2.0 is just what its name suggests, an online network inhabited by "world-class scientists, graduate students, undergrads and educated people outside science." I contribute to this endeavor and write a column called 'BrinStorming.'
It is a framework to modernize the science endeavor, including tools, publishing and collaboration opportunities, as reflected in their "Four Pillars": [collaboration, communication, participation and publication].
- From Towel Day to SpaceX and Transparency Grenades
- Unscientific America -- Denying Science At Our Peril
- Space Resources: Re-Igniting a Can-Do Spirit of Ambition
Google+ focuses on creating Circles -- friends, acquaintances, colleagues -- who then congregate into Hangouts, Sparks, and Streams. Join my circle (and let me in yours!).
David Brin's articles appear on Kurzweil AI, which explores the forecasts and insights on accelerating change articulated in Ray Kurzweil's landmark books -- notably The Age of Spiritual Machines and The Singularity Is Near.
share this page